(646) 983-2670 Charlie@luckydog.nyc

There are several thousand types of mushrooms in the United States alone and even more across the globe.  Most are not toxic but unless you are a mycologist, you will have difficulty determining which one you are looking at.  With this in mind, and since the effects can present rapidly, any mushroom ingestion should result in a vet visit.  Bring a sample of the fungus to the vet for proper identification.

Multiple systems can be affected and multiple effects can be present.  Systems include gastrointestinal, neurological, renal, and liver.  Hallucinogenic effects, not necessarily visual, are also possible.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Depression
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Failure of Multiple Internal Organs