(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This is a colorless, odorless gas that is produced by fires, car exhaust, generators, and fires from natural gas, such as gas stoves.  When this gas is produced in an enclosed area, such as cars, garages, apartments, or airplane cargo areas, in a high enough concentration, it deprives red blood cells from the ability to carry oxygen.  Some individuals are more prone to this with pre-existing heart or lung conditions.  In a fire, this is a common cause of death.  It can take as little as 10 mins of exposure to be toxic.  Symptoms can include:

  • Cherry Red Nostrils, Lips, Ears, and Genitals
  • Coughing
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Vomiting
  • Weakness
  • Lethargy
  • Depression
  • Sleepiness
  • Deafness
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Seizures
  • Death