(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

The only North American member of the elapid snake category, this is a severely poisonous snake.  It is easily identified if the red and yellow bands touch on the snake’s body.  The good news is that the snake has trouble opening its mouth far enough to get a good bite in.  Unlike other snake bites, little swelling is expected at the actual bite.  The venom that is used is a severe paralytic neurotoxin that will affect the respiratory system.  A Vet should be contacted immediately.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Disorientation
  • Paralysis
  • Labored Breathing
  • Death