(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This is a set of algae that grows in either freshwater or brackish water.  There are different types and not all blue green algae is toxic but the ones that are should be considered severely toxic to either the liver or neurological systems.  The actual algae not even need be eaten.  The water around it can be lethally toxic.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Tearing
  • Vomiting
  • Bloody Stool
  • Black Tarry Stool
  • Pale or Blue Gums
  • Jaundice
  • Low Blood Sugar
  • Disorientation
  • Shock
  • Muscle Rigidity
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Abnormal Clotting
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Coma
  • Death