(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

While most of danger we associate with fireworks comes, sensibly, from their explosive nature, there are other dangers.  The explosive element is the potassium nitrate.  Color agents can be a variety of heavy metals.  Depending on the amount ingested, these can cause a moderate case of poisoning.  It should be noted that it does not matter if the fireworks have been exploded or not, the poisonous elements are still present.  This can lead to real problems if someone does not clean up after themselves.  This all goes without stating the psychological distress that is caused by shooting them off around the dogs.  Symptoms can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Bloody Diarrhea
  • Shallow Breathing
  • Jaundice
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Kidney Failure
  • Bone Marrow Damage