(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

These are made, primarily, from the Chrysanthemum (pyrethrins) or their synthetic counterparts (pyrethroids).  There are two areas of risk for pets.  The first is if the pet were to ingest the toxin.  Due to the foul taste, most dogs will not eat it but they may groom themselves after application.  The other risk is from an application that is too much or too concentrated.  Any of these situations can have severe effects on the neurological and, to a lesser degree, gastrointestinal systems.  Symptoms can include:

  • Hives
  • Drooling
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Agitation
  • Weakness
  • Depression
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Twitching of the Ears or Paws
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Death