(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This is a type of NSAID that is specifically for humans and can come in various pain relieving pills.  These are highly toxic to pets and should never be given to them.  Even a single 200mg pill can be lethal to a midsized dog.  It should also be noted that even a non-lethal dose can be lethal if the doses are repeated, even over a long period of time.  If a dog ingests these pills, the blood supply to the stomach and kidneys is interrupted and will eventually affect the neurological system.  The gastrointestinal tract is affected first and is most susceptible to repeated dosings.  The renal system is affected next and the extent of the effect correlates to the health of the kidneys.  In severe overdoses, the neurological systems are affected last and extremely critically.  Symptoms can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Bloody Vomit
  • Stomach and Intestinal Ulceration
  • Diarrhea
  • Black Stools
  • Pale Gums
  • Loss of Appetite
  • Nausea
  • Lethargy
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Low Body Temperature
  • Lack of Urination
  • Halitosis
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Seizures
  • Coma
  • Death