(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This is the running alcohol that we use on wounds rather than Ethanol Alcohol that we drink.  It can also be found in alsohol based flea sprays.  If the dog gets some on its body and then grooms itself, this can lead to ingestion.  Dogs can also crew on a bottle of rubbing alcohol and ingest it that way.  It takes as little as 1.3ml per pound to be toxic and will reach maximum toxicity within two hours.  Even breathing the vapors for a protracted time can poison your dog.  This is a severe toxin to the neurological system which will affect the various systems around the body.  Symptoms can include:

  • Retching
  • Vomiting
  • Bloody Vomiting
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Central Nervous System Depression
  • Decreased Respiration
  • Coma
  • Death