(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This is a heartworm medication that has also been used to treat mites that cause mange.  The treatment is meant to shut down the Central Nervous System of the parasites.  There are certain breeds that are genetically predisposed to be sensitive to this drug and their own Central Nervous System is affected.  Breeds affected are:

Toxicity is difficult to reach accidentally as it takes 10-20 times the normal dosages.  The effects are usually seen in a few hours but can take up to a full day to present.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Depression
  • lethargy
  • Vomiting
  • Loss of Appetite
  • Dilated Pupils
  • Disorientation
  • Blindness
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Inability to Stand
  • Organ Failure
  • Reduced Heart Rate
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Coma
  • Death