(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

Lead Poisoning typically occurs from old paint chips or lead dust that is ingested.  When toxicity happens over a period of time, the gastrointestinal tract is affected but when a large amount it taken all at once, the neurological system is at risk.  In either case, the lead replaces both calcium and zinc in individual cells, preventing them from working properly.  For acute (immediate) poisoning, it can be as little as 15mg per pound but prolonged exposure only takes 5mg per pound per day.  Since the poisoning can occur over a long period of time or a short one, symptoms can be mild to severe.  Symptoms can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Depression
  • Lethargy
  • Weakness
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Hiding in Dark Areas
  • Anxiety
  • Seizures
  • Blindness