(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

These are solid form pesticides.  They release a steady stream of vapor that repel and kill insects.  This means that there are multiple ways for a dog to take in the toxins; inhalation of fumes, ingestion of solids, or accidental ingestion of powder.  The old fashioned type contain napthalene and are moderately toxic.  Modern mothballs, made with paradichlorobenzene, are half as toxic but can still poison a dog, affecting the liver and renal system.  Symptoms can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Lethargy
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Blue, Brown, or Pale Gums
  • Fluid Accumulation in Body
  • Excessive Thirst
  • Excessive Urination
  • Damage to Kidneys
  • Liver Inflammation
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Coma
  • Death