(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

This poison is put out in gardens, often in pellet form that can mimic kibble.  There are ingredients such as apples and molasses included in it to make it more attractive to snails and slugs, but also attracts dogs.  This poison should be considered severe due to the metaldehyde  that works on the neurological systems.  It can take as little as 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight can be lethal.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Panting
  • Anxiety
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Tremors
  • Convulsions
  • Fever
  • Sensitivity to Light
  • Sensitivity to Sound
  • Increased Breathing
  • Respiratory Failure
  • Death