(646) 983-2670 Charlie@luckydog.nyc

Severely toxic; even a couple of these berries can kill, depending on body weight.  Clycoside, protoanemonin, and glycosides are the active toxins in the plant and will affect the dermatological, neurological, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal systems.  This is something that should be avoided whenever possible.  Seek immediate medical attention if you believe that ingestion has occurred.  Symptoms can include:

  • Skin Blistering
  • Pawing at the Mouth
  • Drooling
  • Burning Sensation in Mouth and Throat
  • Stomach Cramps
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Bloody Urine
  • Dizziness
  • Delirium
  • Rapid Heart Rate