(646) 983-2670 Charlie@luckydog.nyc

A very common flower to find also has a mild toxin called lycorine, another of the alkaloids.  The outer layer of the bulbs is laced with the toxin to prevent it from being eaten as it takes root, but the main flower should be relatively safe.  Mostly, the toxin just causes vomiting but in larger doses it can cause other effects.  Symptoms can include:

  • Abdominal Pain
  • Drooling
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Increased Heart Rate
  • Abnormal Breathing