(646) 983-2670 Charlie@luckydog.nyc

This is a plant with moderate toxins of the dermatological variety.  Insoluble calcium oxolates called raphites within the plant can cause moderate to severe swelling with some risk to the respiratory tract.  The entire plant is toxic but the bulbs are the truly dangerous part and should be avoided.  Symptoms can include:

  • Burning and Irritation of the Mouth and Tongue
  • Pawing at the Mouth
  • Drooling
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty Swallowing
  • Swelling of the Throat and Air Passages