(646) 983-2670 [email protected]

With both the American and European varieties being poisonous, the American version is less toxic.  Both have both leaves and berries that are dangerous but the berries contain alkaloids and lectins, where the real danger lies.  Small amounts ingested will have mild symptoms to the gastrointestinal system but larger amounts of berries eaten will result in more severe symptoms to the cardiac system.  Symptoms can include:

  • Drooling
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Lack of Coordination
  • Loss of Blood Pressure
  • Collapse
  • Seizures
  • Coma